Mill Rates by Administration, Last Decade
South Windsor Democrats Deliver for Taxpayers
- Passed the lowest tax increase in 8 years and lowest mill rate increase in over 10 years. Now that’s progress!
- Passed prudent BOE budgets which fund strategic initiatives while keeping costs managed responsibly.
- Oversaw huge expansion of our commercial base through economic development efforts — from Coca-Cola and Costco to Aldi’s and housing at Evergreen Walk.
- Approved a Fair Housing Policy for South Windsor.
- Preserved 50 acres of farmland, a $2 million open space fund, and secured land for Pleasant Valley School.
- Approved the Complete Streets project to improve intersection of Sullivan Avenue and Buckland Road.
- Continued significant progress on construction of new Elementary Schools.
- Helped homeowners with crumbling foundations through tax abatements.
- Established the Tax Abatement program for members of the South Windsor Fire Department.
- Invested in our infrastructure by dedicating $15 million to roads and sidewalks
- Helped create the first Solar Farm in South Windsor, with 8,500 panels generating 3.6 million KWH each year.
- Implemented the long-desired World Language Program in Elementary Schools.
- Established the Tax Stabilization Fund through town ordinance
- Increased student and school safety.
- Expanded and improved the Senior Property Tax Program.