Don't miss your chance to be the high bidder on a mountainside getaway, lunch with CT politicians, sports memorabilia, restaurant gift cards, jewelry, and so much more!
Our online auction runs October 20 - November 1, 2020!
Click here starting at 9:00am on October 20, 2020,
to view and bid on auction items.
Auction ends at 9:00pm on November 1, 2020.
On your computer:
- Click link and review items up for bid.
- To place a bid click on the Register to Bid link at the top right of your screen (accept cookies – if asked).
- Complete registration form and add credit card information.
- Now you’re ready to bid!
On your phone:
- Click on auction link.
- Complete registration form and save.
- Now you’re ready to bid!
We thank you in advance for your bids and contributions. Also, please support our local vendors and business who have so generously donated to this event.
South Windsor Democratic Town Committee
The South Windsor Democratic Town Committee (SWDTC) represents the Democratic Party on a local level. Members are elected to two-year terms at a caucus that is held in January. Terms begin in March. The town committee recruits candidates for local office and the state legislature.
The committee is responsible for nominating and endorsing Democratic candidates for the town council, board of education, and other local positions. We also participate in the nominating and endorsement process for the state legislature’s 14th and 11th House Districts, the 3rd State Senate District, and the 1st Congressional District. In addition, the SWDTC elects delegates to the state party’s nominating convention every four years to help choose a gubernatorial candidate, and other executive officers.
During election years, SWDTC members work to help elect Democratic candidates through campaign activities such as door-to-door canvassing and phone banking. We hold a fundraiser in October called the Apple Harvest Festival (cancelled in 2020), and we plan other events throughout the year.
SWDTC meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm. While usually held at the South Windsor Town Hall, meetings are currently held virtually. The meetings are open to all registered Democrats.
2018 - 2019 Democratic Accomplishments
- Passed the lowest tax increase in 10 years and lowest mill rate increase in over 10 years.
- Passed prudent BOE budgets which fund strategic initiatives while keeping costs managed responsibly.
- Oversaw huge expansion of our commercial base through economic development efforts - from Coca-Cola and Costco to Aldi's and house at Evergreen Walk.
- Approved a Fair Housing Policy for South Windsor.
- Preserved 50 acres of farmland to preserve the character of our town.
- Created a $2 million open space fund to ensure our community is there for future generations.
- Fully support the renovation of Pleasant Valley School.
- Approved the Complete Streets project to improve intersection of Sullivan Avenue and Buckland Road.
- Oversaw the construction of our new Elementary Schools.
- Helped homeowners with crumbling foundations through tax abatements.
- Established the Tax Abatement program for members of the South Windsor Fire Department.
- Invested in our infrastructure by dedicating $15 million to roads and sidewalks.
- Helped create the first Solar Farm in South Windsor, with 8,500 panels generating 3.6 million KWH each year.
- Implemented the long-desired World Language Program in Elementary Schools.
- Established the Tax Stabilization Fund through town ordinance.
- Increased student and school safety and increased age to 21 for E-Cigarettes and tobacco.
- Expanded and improved the Senior Property Tax Program.
- Banned Fracking Waste and Oil or Natural Gas Waste.